For additional information on the 2015–16 STEM Response for Quotations (RFQ), visit http://hsa.smcgov.org/stem.
In 2005, former Supervisors Mark Church and Rose Jacobs Gibson established the Math and Science Workgroup and Innovation programs to promote and improve student achievement and teacher excellence in math and science employing creative strategies to engage and inspire students.
Supervisors Carole Groom and Warren Slocum, are the Chair and Co-Chair respectively of the Math and Science Workgroup and Innovation programs currently.
The workgroup encourages collaborations between the County, cities, schools and businesses to build a strong workforce responsive to changes and demands in STEM innovation.
- To prepare San Mateo County youth and young adults for Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) careers
- To support STEM career pathways from elementary to post-secondary education
- To develop skills associated with STEM through hand-on learning opportunities for K-12 youth
- To address the growing demand for a strong STEM workforce in the Bay Area
Stem Program Highlights
STEM RFQ Awards 2014-15
Three proposals were awarded just over $100K for STEM Out-of-School programs.
- Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula: $19,330
- Citizen Schools: $42,000
- City of Pacifica awarded $39,681
For more information click link: Out-Of-School STEM Programs
Math and Science Teacher Innovation Award Announcement 2014-15
For more information click link: List of Teacher Innovation Awards
For more information contact: STEM Education Liaison, Josie Yu, (650) 599-5913, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org