WIB Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Workforce Investment Board of San Mateo County to establish and oversee the implementation of policies which promote an integrated, innovative workforce development system to help ensure that:
- The workforce will develop and improve skills that lead to a better quality of life.
- Employers will have a local workforce which will keep the business community productive and competitive.
- San Mateo County will have a diverse, thriving economy.
- Workforce Goal: San Mateo County residents will find and keep jobs that help them achieve their full potential.
- Employer Goal: Employers will use the workforce development system to successfully locate, hire, train and retain qualified employees.
- Economy Goal: Workforce development partners will help to maintain a strong local economy, reflecting the diversity of job seekers and employers and the unique spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation that characterizes our local economy.
San Mateo County Workforce Investment Board Annual Report 2009-2010